Tuesday 31 January 2012

Idyllic existence,

It's 2am in the morning and I'm here seated in the awkward stillness of the night because I can't get to sleep, despite all efforts to tame this restlessness. Nesting under the sheets was a bad idea because like a train seat, it eventually became too warm for comfort. It's surreal to be awake at such a moment when the world's asleep, you feel tiny but so alive. I'm perched at the verge of my window beam, waiting for the perfect sleepy moment to fall back into bed. The street lights are somewhat flickering (or just my night vision playing tricks on me, more like it) with an occasional stray cat darting across the empty road below or a car driving in to the break the serenity. Such is the symphony in my head....the stillness of the night is truly amazing. One more attempt to sleep, wouldn't want to be caught in a zombified stupor during Sociology class tomorrow afternoon.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...