Saturday 25 August 2012

Saturday mornings,

I had a new student today, she came in with sweet plaided hair and an oversized blue bag that seemed to weigh down on her shoulders. Elle est petit they would say in French, she was tiny but boy was her enthusiasm immense! It reminds me on how we all used to be, and how things around started to get smaller as we grew up that now everything fits into our head. Or perhaps everything seemed larger because there were so many things rioting for our attention. Paradoxically, the more we see of the world, the more vast we perceive it to be - which is pretty overwhelming because we still have so much more experiences to soak in. I'm also getting to know the other students better, it's like a Saturday morning routine without its mundane predictability (trust me it's anything but predictable) Even though I'm really the teacher, sometimes I learn so much more from these kids. And it doesn't even require a verbal connection.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...