Saturday 13 July 2013

Borough delights,

My wise friends often advise me to travel out of London as much as possible - posing as an excellent springboard to Europe. As much as I agreed with that, after my humble share of travelling during the first few months, I realized that the true beauty of London could only be experienced by living there like a true Londoner. Newspaper strewn neatly on the tube (sorely tempted to place a picture of the tube but I won't), friendly grocers, overly friendly Portuguese guys watching soccer at a nearby cafe or even that deranged woman at the back of the bus stabbing a chicken. There's certainly an unpredictable charm about the city that I would love to go back to one day ♥

 One of the many places which I returned to countless times during my stay there was Borough market, you can't go wrong treating those gastronomical taste buds of yours! Needless to say, I've been having huge cravings since I left because Singapore doesn't really have much food markets like such.

Borough market bristol pies

Borough market bristol pies

Borough market raclette

Borough market raclette

Good food to look out for: Banoffee pie, an English dessert pie with cream, bananas and caramel (sells out pretty fast in the day). The duck confit burger station has entertaining vendors who were ever ready for a picture when I whipped out my camera, love their burgers and their crispy bits within the meat. Another favourite of mine is the pulled pork burger, in which the meat is slow cooked for hours and full of flavour when served. R swears by the raclette...., unfortunately I'm not really a fan of the dish but it's an amazing dish if you adore cheese. A creature of habit especially when it comes to eating, I didn't dive into the oysters even though they are clearly quite famous amongst my friends - but these ones are fresh and the tobasco/lemon/onion dips by the side are starting to make me change my mind about oysters (to R's delight of course!) Other treats to look out for that were quite popular when bringing my friends around: owl biscuits, home grown tea flavours, exotic meat burgers (think kangaroo, camel, ostrich or crocodile meat), mulled wine and mushroom pâté. Stay away from the cold croissants, paella by the church steps and the Bristol chicken pies, they weren't worth the stomach capacity the last time I tried ^^

Borough market oysters

Borough market oysters

Borough market oysters

Borough market oysters

Borough market confectionery

Borough market pastries

Borough market banoffee pie

Bedrales borough market

Borough market pulled pork

Borough market curry

Borough market curry

Borough market curry

Borough market duck sandwich

Borough market duck sandwich

Borough market duck sandwich

It's always such a joy to roam around food markets, have fun exploring - ciao!

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...