Thursday 15 August 2013

What's in my bag,



What's in my bag
Happy National day to all my Singaporean folks! I've recently transferred my usual Kate spade (I love it because it's so simple and roomy) into my new black quilted bag. It's elegant, but small so it doesn't seem to contain much of my much needed necessities at times. Here's what in my bag on a random day:

1. AHAVA Deadsea mineral hand cream
Perfect for any light pick me ups, especially when you're enclosed in an air-conditioned room and your hands feel dry to the touch
2. GOSH velvet touch lipstick 150 kitten pink
Bought this from a drugstore in London for about 8 pounds, I love the subtle pink and how it softens your lips.
3. Ashley series 140R pointed brushes
No. 2 and 4, snagged them from an Art Friend sale, can't wait to start art classes soon!
4. Painting knife
Also from Art friend, it's my favourite store so I can spend the entire day gallivanting in it.
5. Renoma leather wallet
I've had this classic gem for years now, and it's still such a loyal friend, I love it.
6. Sunglasses
Bought from an Optical shop sale along Camden High street, they make me feel like a mini John lennon. It broke the week after I bought it because I sat on them....but I glued it together and it lasted me through Greece as a backup pair of sunnies (because I broke my current pairs then by sitting on them, once bitten twice not shy)
7. Gold dove earring
One side of my gold dove earring, absolutely no idea how this fell into my bag
8. Buffalo journal
As mentioned on my previous post here, I like to write down my thoughts now and then and also perfect for those moments when you have to do lists and doodling on long bus rides. The sparkle helps me deal with Monday blues.
9. Foldable comb with mirror
Also bagged this from a drugstore in London, it's my perfect travelling companion because my usual comb is so bulky. I was using a small wooden comb R got me from a resort in Phuket but I left it in Singapore....
10. Eyedrops
Solve dry eyes immediately.
11. Small white canvas board
R's subtle way of getting me to paint something for him, aww :')
12. $1 coin
I make it a point to have loose change in my bag, because its always turns out to be a life saver! The last time I was craving pushcart ice cream, I had to redraw from an ATM which only pressed out 50 dollar bills. Needless to say, the ice cream vendor raised the price by 20 cents since then (though I would like to think I played no part in this price hike)
13. House keys
Everyone tells me how oddly shaped my main door keys are, and they really are! Duplicating it burns a hole in your pocket. The charms were scored from Camden market, and remind me of Carpenter court, where I used to stay in London - had them on my keys for six months.

I usually pack in a book - reading Norwegian wood at the moment - and a shawl for the cold indoors since Singapore buses always feel like subzero temperatures. On a side note, the past few days have been good, meeting friends and spending time with loved ones. Last Wednesday saw me suffering from really bad cramps and being really fainty in Outram before meeting S and S for lunch: sprawling on the floor like a hobo with the cleaner chasing me out from the restroom, with everyone staring and walking around me to avoid a commotion, except for two friendly Bangladeshi workers who made small talk with me in an attempt to see if I'm okay, so touched :') And also thank God for my amazing friends and R who rushed down to get me and not judge even though I looked pretty beaten up :') Without them I would have probably continued to lay the floor in the open for a few more hours....yup, that pretty much sums up my drama for the week. Ciao!

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...